Undoubtedly, one of the hardest things about the life of a trucker are the potential health implications the sedentary lifestyle can have. However, as technology becomes even more advanced in the health sector, we can put new devices, apps and phones to good use in improving our day to day health, even if it is only a little at a time.
We would recommend trying a wearable health and activity tracker, this can measure your vitals with incredible accuracy as well as monitor your sleep and steps you’ve taken day to day.
The wearable health tracker
With pretty much every tech company now sporting their own wearable activity tracking device, it is hard to decide which option is best for you. Ranging from prices £30 and upward, you can go for a device with loads of features and functions or just keep it simple with a lower budget option.
What an activity tracker will help you do:
- Monitor daily activity.
- Set yourself goals to meet each day.
- Give you something to do as and when you find you have some spare time.
- Set your own goals to fit in with the time you have.
Top brands to look at:
- Samsung Gear
- Microsoft Band
For some of the top devices on the market, have a look through this website to find the right one for you.
Apps to use
Another option if you’re looking to give yourself goals is using an app to track activity. There are some great apps out there and most of them are free to download.
- Fitnet: This app is designed for people who don’t have time to get to the gym, this app features five and seven minute targeted workouts. Perfect for life on the road.
- Freeletics: this app features 900 workouts focusing on bodyweight, lasting anywhere from 10- 30 minutes, these workouts can be done anywhere, perfect for those who can’t get to a gym.
If you’re feeing really adventurous:
- Couch to 5k: Do you want to start running? The ‘Couch to 5k’ app is great for coaching yourself into running your fist 5k. Three moderate workouts per week will help you get ready to run a 5k in eight weeks.
Don’t forget you can take with you some equipment to aid in your fitness, here are some great items to keep stashed away until you have that spare 10- 15 minutes:
- Resistance bands
- Skipping rope
- Kettle bells
- Small workout mat
With these handy technologies available, you can start to set yourself some new fitness goals for 2017!